Each Thursday evening for 36 weeks I have the privilege of teaching the most amazing group of young men and women principles of the gospel as contained in the Scriptures. I've been teaching seminary for 3 years now and I hope to continue for as long as possible. This year we studied from the Doctrine and Covenants which contain revelations from our Saviour, Jesus Christ received by the prophet Joseph Smith and a couple others after President Joseph Smith was martyred. Each revelation contains counsel for the early members of the Church as well as covering all principles including the organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, repentance, the Atonement, trials, faith, service, endurance, eternal marriage, prayer, scripture study, the importance of sustaining church leaders and following the prophet, testimony, gratitude, and so much more. It's a wealth of knowledge and counsel that not only benefitted the saints in the 1800's, but also relate directly to us living this day in age. It applies to all male and females who desire to improve themselves and to increase in testimony.
Teaching the youth this year from this wonderful book of scripture that I know to be true has been a great blessing to me. I've learnt much from the example of the early pioneers who were constantly persecuted for believing in God and trying to do His will. I've learnt from them that whatever the sacrifice to live the Lord's standards and follow Him by standing by our convictions is worth it. The Lord blesses those who love him and who show him they love him by being obedient to his commands.
I've also learnt a lot from the youth this year. Much like the early saints, they too have been dealing with heavy hardships and have had ugly temptations hurled at them. I'm happy to report that though at times they may have wanted to give up, they never did and still continue to fight the good fight. They're holding on to the gospel for dear life.
They really are beautiful souls and I love each one of them.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Express yourself!