So no, we aren't on a strict diet. Other than we eat healthily everyday anyway. But occasionally we like to trade in the water and 2% milk for heavy cream and bacon. If you do this too then this is a good recipe to try out!
We have 1 pasta meal a week to keep our carbs in check. In our grocery store they have an entire section of pasta imported directly from Italy. Oy yoi yoi, why do they have to tempt us so much!? Obviously I'm a sucker for anything pasta so you'll find one or two of these luxury pasta's in our trolley every week haha!
Last week I made an super pasta dinner loaded with deliciousness! I simply cooked up some spinach tagliatelle, sauteed mushrooms, bacon and garlic. Next I turned to Uncle Google and found this brilliant Alfredo sauce recipe (can't remember the sites name, only wrote down the ingredients and instructions).
I call it the:
Can't-get-enough Alfredo Sauce
1/2 C butter
8 oz cream cheese
3 tsp garlic
2 C milk (or 1 C cream - haha sinful I know - and 1 C milk)
Black pepper & salt to taste
Melt butter, add cream cheese and garlic. Stir until smooth. Add milk a little at a time. Stir in salt, pepper and if you like, add some Parmesan cheese for an extra cheesy sauce.
The result?
Food heaven.



YUM! So easy... but SO good!
ReplyDeleteYummy!!! I'm going to try it!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! Cream cheese! Love it!
ReplyDelete